I truly cannot believe that the school year is almost over. It feels like just yesterday that I was saying goodbye to my last group of Duckies and getting ready for my 10th year of teaching. Now, here I am at the end of the year, saying goodbye to another group of 8th graders who I’ve known since they were in 6th grade. Crazy I tell you! Some things I’m loving this week:
1. These beautiful hand-painted stones. I’m thinking they’ll be inspiration for one of the many nature walks I plan on taking this summer with my future Duckies. I love having them find things and then use them in unexpected ways.
2. 30 Places I’d rather be sitting right now. Seriously, I’ll take any (or all) of them.
3. I now have a mission in life: tiny tiny tiny crocheted things.
4. This is truly incredible. You’ve probably seen it already, but I still had to share.
5. We can all text “Red Cross” to 90999 to immediately donate $10 to the Red Cross for emergency relief in Oklahoma. There are dozens of other ways to help as well, including all of these and all of these. Keep in mind that two elementary schools were completely devastated, and those teachers will need to start from scratch. Consider giving to DonorsChoose.org to help them out.
6. Because I’m a Spanish teacher nerd, here’s a list of fun Spanish words to try. Current favorite: tiquismisquis (fussy or finicky)
7. John Krasinski and Jimmy Fallon did a Lip-Sync-Off. I laughed way too hard.
8. Harry Potter in 99 seconds. Yep. Still a nerd.
9. I’m kind of obsessed with the monthly sample boxes that a lot of companies have these days. My current fave is Ipsy. Every month, subscribers get a makeup bag, 3-4 full size items, 2-3 samples, and coupons, all for $10.
10. Another funny t-shirt that I just can’t justify buying… both Chicago and Spanish in one!
And, because I love you, here’s a dog and her pet ducks: