Spice up the Holidays with Captain Morgan

by Mara @ What's For Dinner? on November 19, 2012

in Captain Morgan, contest

I get a lot of emails from various companies hawking products and contests, and very rarely do I get one that actually piques my interest.

A few weeks ago, I received an email informing me that I’d been selected to participate in a competition hosted by Captain Morgan’s Spiced Rum entitled “Spice Up the Holidays.” Pretty cool. So I responded and got more information.

201211191821.jpg

(source)

Said contest involves developing three recipes, hosting a party where I serve said recipes, and blogging the whole thing. Also, pretty cool.

Also, the contest is being judged by none other than Chef Spike Mendelsohn of Top Chef fame!

201211191823.jpg

(source)

Again, pretty darn cool! The best part, in my opinion, is that the winner of the contest will get a $1000 donation to the charity of their choice. So yeah, this is more than just “pretty cool.”

In the next few weeks, you’ll see party planning tips, recipe ideas, and as usual, photos of the whole deal.

So now, my question to you is: How do you take your Captain Morgan Rum?

xoxo

signature

This recipe blog post has been Digiproved © 2012

Rivian November 19, 2012 at 7:43 PM

I’m soooo excited!!
My drink is Captain Morgan and Diet Coke with lime.

Mara @ What's For Dinner? November 19, 2012 at 8:16 PM

You’ll have to come up for the “party” :)

Jenn@slim-shoppin November 19, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Mara – that’s so great!!! Can’t wait to see what you come up with!!
Jenn@slim-shoppin´s last blog post ..Rainbow pancakes

Marianne November 20, 2012 at 2:07 AM

In someone else’s glass ;)

I can’t say I’m a big fan. Plus I always associate the Captain from the bottle with my junior high art teacher. Long story…ha!
Marianne´s last blog post ..Pumpkin Coconut Corn Chowder

Roz@weightingfor50 November 22, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Hi Mara. If you need a token Canadian at your party, I’m your girl!! Kidding of course (sort of!) Can’t wait to see what you and “The Captain” come up with! So exciting!!!!! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.
Roz@weightingfor50´s last blog post ..Ninja breakfast

Biz November 23, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving Mara! I actually drank rum in high school once and after two shots, threw up, and have never touched it since – but I am anxious to see what you come up with!
Biz´s last blog post ..Congratulations Joe & Lizz!