Kim & Family, 2012

by Mara @ What's For Dinner? on November 15, 2012

in friends, Photo Gigs, photography

Last year, I was hired to do a photo shoot for my friend Kim from work and her family. Last week, she asked me again to come shoot her family photos for their Christmas card, and I was so honored that she’d trust me a second time!

It was such fun to see the kids after a year had passed; they’re so much bigger and more mature! We were able to have a ton of fun, and each of the kids chose one place that they wanted their picture taken. I think they had as much fun as I did!

I’d love to hear your opinions, as always!

Militello

Militello-125

Militello-64

We also had some fun with some fake snow… these are my favorites!

Militello-12

Militello-31

Militello-26

Militello-38

Somehow, doing this shoot got me in the mood for the holidays… what do you think?

xoxo

signature

This recipe blog post has been Digiproved © 2012

Jacky November 15, 2012 at 6:58 PM

The photo of the whole family in front of the lake is stunning. Nice work!
Jacky´s last blog post ..Regular Programming Resumes

Melissa @TryingtoHeal November 16, 2012 at 12:25 PM

I love them!!!!
Melissa @TryingtoHeal´s last blog post ..Coastal Anniversary

Carol B November 16, 2012 at 3:14 PM

The pictures where they are blowing the snow are AWESOME!

Jenn@slim-shoppin November 18, 2012 at 11:49 AM

LOVE! Great job Mara – you are so talented!
Jenn@slim-shoppin´s last blog post ..Happy Birthday Claire!

Jordan October 20, 2013 at 1:13 PM

What did you use for the artificial snow? Also what settings on the camrea did you use to take those shots? Flash ro freeze the action? Thanks for your help

Mara @ What's For Dinner? October 20, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Hi! For the artificial snow I used this stuff from Party City; it’s usually up front starting around this time of year. As for the settings, it was about 4 p.m. in the midwest when I took these, so the light was getting low. I shot with my 50mm f1.8 lens, set at f1.8 and 400 iso. I shot in burst mode and we picked from the shots with the snow in the best spots, no flash. Hope that helps!