Wordless Wednesday: Almost Chipotle

by Mara @ What's For Dinner? on January 25, 2012

in chicken/turkey, Mexican/Latin, simple recipe, South Beach Diet, vegetables

As usual, I’m cheating a bit.

Homemade Chipotle Burrito Bowls

homemade chipotle bowls

IMG_0767-1

homemade chipotle bowls

homemade chipotle bowls

homemade chipotle bowls

homemade chipotle bowls

homemade chipotle bowls

homemade chipotle bowls

homemade chipotle bowls

Recipes used:

Cilantro-Lime Rice from Iowa Girl Eats

Chile-lime chicken

Black beans were simmered with chili powder and bay leaves.

Guacamole included: 4 avocados, 1 chopped tomato, 1/4 diced red onion, 1/2 diced jalapeño, juice of two limes, salt

xoxo

signature

Amy O January 26, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Mmmm, sounds yummy and easy!I appreciate your South Beach friendly recipes. Theyre close to the GI Diet, which we’ve been on for a year now…. miss you!

Lisa Eirene January 26, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Yum! I’ve been craving something like this for awhile now.
Lisa Eirene´s last blog post ..Baby Steps

Christin@purplebirdblog January 26, 2012 at 11:51 AM

No such thing as too much guacamole in my book (and I have the ass to prove it, lol) ;)
Christin@purplebirdblog´s last blog post ..Peanut Butter Explosion Chickpea Cookies

Jenn@slim-shoppin January 26, 2012 at 12:48 PM

LOVE this! I’ve tried a different recipe for the rice, and it tasted nothing like chipotle. I actually had my first chipotle only like 6 months ago! Isn’t that crazy? I LOVE IT!

I could eat that every night for dinner

Roz@weightingfor50 January 26, 2012 at 1:10 PM

You can NEVER have too much guacamole!!!!!! Have a great day Mara.
Roz@weightingfor50´s last blog post ..New Word Wednesday #79

Kristinn @ Iowa Girl Eats January 26, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Gahh, I am so jealous of your beautiful winter pictures. How do you get them so light and bright?!
Kristinn @ Iowa Girl Eats´s last blog post ..How To Eat a Pomegranate

Mara @ What's For Dinner? January 26, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Thanks girlie! It’s a nice combo of a 5-bulb overhead light and Lightroom editing :) oh and my 50mm f1.8 lens

Biz January 27, 2012 at 10:48 AM

That looks delicious Mara – my sister told me to pop over and see your post because she made it for her family and they ate it up!

I loves me some cilantro rice! Happy Friday!
Biz´s last blog post ..I Love Bubbies Pickles!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape January 27, 2012 at 2:18 PM

This looks delicious!!! Makes me wish it was closer to dinnertime!

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) January 31, 2012 at 7:52 PM

A bowl of happiness….that’s what that is.
Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat)´s last blog post ..141.6…Linguine with Easy Meat Sauce

emily W. February 5, 2012 at 5:46 PM

ohmygosh
thisissofreakingood
Our 2yo ate it, but no such luck with our 15mo.
Next time, though…
because there will be one.
Tomorrow.
Thanks!

Mara @ What's For Dinner? February 5, 2012 at 5:47 PM

So glad you enjoyed!!! I swear, I could eat chipotle every day… this is so much cheaper!

emily W. February 5, 2012 at 5:50 PM

I miiiiisssss Chipotle. This is a fanTAStic substitute. :D Thanks for making my night!! I’ll be checking in to see what else ya got cookin.