Coffee Talk

Timing is an interesting thing.

A couple years ago, Adam and I bought a Keurig coffee maker with some of our tax return money and used it religiously nearly every day (and multiple times on weekends). In early October, it decided to stop working. It would just make noise, then no coffee would come out…kind of defeats the purpose.

Imagine my surprise when, just before Thanksgiving, a HUGE box landed on my doorstep with this inside:

20111207-144704.jpg
Also in the box were two 18-packs of the new Starbucks k-cups, specially designed for the Keurig brewer.

I immediately brewed myself a cup of my favorite grinds, Pikes Place Blend.

20111207-145103.jpg

20111207-145159.jpg

20111207-145209.jpg

While i would love to sit here and tell you all about the remarkable Keurig brewer, I simply must share about the coffee itself. I’ve used many many K-cups in the days we’ve had our Keurig. Never have I ever had a cup of coffee come out of my house that tasted as good as the coffee I used to brew for myself in my barista days.

There was no bitter aftertaste like there is with so many of the other K-cups I’ve used. The breakfast blend cups were a bit lighter-tasting, but just as delicious and smooth. I will definitely be buying the Starbucks K-cups in the future!

Thank you FoodBuzz for the opportunity!

In other news, there is now a What’s for Dinner iPhone and droid app! Well, it’s an app within an app.

First, download the “bloapp” app on your iPhone or Droid. Then, search for What’s for Dinner or just scan this QR code!

20111207-150959.jpg

Let me know what you think of it!

This entry was posted in review and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Coffee Talk

1. Sheri says:

My aunt’s Keurig broke and she called them and they sent her a new one- no questions asked. I have one and I love it. I’m so happy with the Starbucks K-cups that just came out as well. Enjoy it!
    Sheri´s last blog post ..4th Birthday Party

2. mom says:

i love it too!!!

3. mom says:

so they sent yo a new keurig?

4. mom says:

i love this cup, btw…

5. My Keurig did that too! I found this video on cleaning it, did it, and now it works perfectly!

Jess @ Flying on Jess Fuel´s last blog post ..Crab Rangoon Dip with Baked Wonton Chips

6. Oh, you lucky duck! I added one to our registry! I hope we get it! If not, I might use our wedding money to splurge on us. I don’t like brewed coffee either. Having worked at a coffee shop, I’m now a coffee snob and everything tastes bitter. I usually just stick with the french press, but that’s in storage and is a bit more work than I like to invest in a cup of coffee.
    Dinner at Christina’s´s last blog post ..Fail

7. Nice!!! That’s super deluxe!! :)
    Jenn@slim-shoppin´s last blog post ..Biggest Loser recap

8. Jodie says:

Ooooooo I am so envious! I really hope I get one from Santa this year.
    Jodie´s last blog post ..Hail to the Kale

9. Sarah says:

My Keurig did something similar and I found a youtube video on clearing air bubbles…super easy fix and it worked!