Cute Food Saturday!

by Mara @ What's For Dinner? on October 1, 2011

in Cute Food Saturday

Remember how last week I was saying that I’m having a hard time finding new cute food to feature on Cute Food Saturday?

Well, last weekend I had the opportunity to attend the Chicago Gourmet festival in Millennium Park. It was an absolute Foodie Wonderland! I had the fun chance to see my sister at work as well, as she was at the booth for her hotel/restaurant, Sofitel Chicago.

So, what’s a girl to do when she can’t find photos of cute food?

Take her own!

Featured below are just a few of the teeny tiny amazing dishes I enjoyed at Chicago Gourmet… it was pouring rain, so I had a hard time bringing out the camera, but these were my favorites.

Teeny tiny pancetta sandwich, and a teeny tiny fois gras, apple, and creme fraiche tartlet

An egg, filled with corn custard, crab, fresh corn, and baby greens

Cute huh??

I wish I’d gotten more pictures because honestly, everything was adorable! My friend Liz was there as well, and she got many more photos, so be sure to check hers out!

Have a wonderful Saturday! I’m off for a date with Jenn!

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) October 1, 2011 at 10:49 AM

Teensy, tiny… yup, cute! :)
J3nn (Jenn’s Menu and Lifestyle Blog)´s last blog post ..It’s That Sort of Day

Liz Barrett October 1, 2011 at 11:05 AM

I cannot believe we didn’t find each other at Chicago Gourmet! And I can’t believe I did not find that food that you ate, above! As if I could’ve fit one more thing into my belly …!
Liz Barrett´s last blog post ..Hamburger Egg Salad – What?

Mara @ What's For Dinner? October 1, 2011 at 8:05 PM

I KNOW!!!! The food above was from Tasting Tent #2, where Leigh was!

Melissa @ TryingToHeal October 1, 2011 at 12:51 PM

Oh, what a fun place to go!!!
Melissa @ TryingToHeal´s last blog post ..Comment on BT: A Mammal Day by Biz

Heather Eats Almond Butter October 1, 2011 at 7:22 PM

Why is little food always so cute?!?

Hope you have fun with Jenn. I miss visiting Chicago!

Mara @ What's For Dinner? October 1, 2011 at 8:04 PM

I hope you can make it here soon!!!

Jenn@slim-shoppin October 1, 2011 at 10:22 PM

Mara – I was at Gourmet Chicago all day Sunday – which day were you there?? I volunteered and if you volunteer, you work a few hours one day and get a free ticket for the next. It was my 2nd year volunteering and it was amazing! I loved that hallowed out egg thing too – such good food!
Jenn@slim-shoppin´s last blog post ..Homemade soft pretzels, start to finish less than 1 hour!

Mara @ What's For Dinner? October 1, 2011 at 10:42 PM

I was looking for you!! I was there Sunday!

Ali October 2, 2011 at 2:36 PM

Seems you had fun at the Chicago gourmet. Really love the egg filled with corn, crab and greens. Nice blog.
Ali´s last blog post ..fudofinds friday: truly scrumptious cookies