I hope you’re all enjoying the guest posts these last couple days… I’ll be back to regular posting soon when life calms down a bit.
I’m very happy to bring you the author of one of my favorite blogs, and one of the first that I felt comfortable enough to comment on, Tina from Carrots ‘n’ Cake!
Hi! I’m Tina, and I write Carrots ‘N’ Cake. Earlier this month, I published a book based off my blog called Carrots ‘N’ Cake: Healthy Living One Carrot and Cupcake At A Time. Like my blog, my book is all about eating your carrots and cake, especially on Cookie Fridays! Here’s one of my favorite recipes to celebrate!
I love it when sweet and salty come together, especially in baked goods. The combination of chocolate, maple syrup, and brown sugar with sea salt and walnuts in these cookies made my mouth very happy! My husband, Mal, loves these cookies too. He’s asked me to bake them several times in the past few months. This recipe is definitely a keeper!
Makes 3 dozen cookies
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1.5 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 egg
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 1.5 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325*F. Coat a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Use a tablespoon to portion out dough onto baking sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until edges of cookies start to brown.
- Allow to cool before serving.