Wednesday in Numbers: The “I Miss Summer” Edition

Seriously. I’m Summer-sick. Since I do these posts all Summer, I thought maybe it would help me feel like it might, maybe, possibly get warm out, someday.

6: Classes taught today

174: Students taught today

47: Minutes per class

26: Minutes of free time

24: Ounces of coffee consumed

24: Ounces of Diet Coke consumed

45: Miles driven with Wendy to get our hair done

2: Shades of blonde put into my previously kinda-blonde head

27: Edamame eaten

8: Cubes of tofu in my miso soup

4: Brown rice sushi rolls ordered (full of eel, spicy tuna, avocado, shrimp, and crab)

2: Rolls that Wendy and I ate

0.5: Mochi balls eaten

3: Bloggy friends texted today

27: Days until one of my best good friends comes to visit for a whole week!

32: Days until Adam’s birthday

38: Weight Watchers PointsPlus eaten today

1: Weight Watchers PointsPlus left for the day

5: Posts on my new Tumblr food log that I’m using to keep myself accountable

50: Pounds I’d like to lose by the beginning of next school year, because…

40: Pounds I’ve gained since our wedding last year

8: Photos taken of myself today to show off my new hair color without also showing of significant double chin

2: Times I’ve taken my engagement and wedding rings off in the last month, not because I didn’t want to, but because I couldn’t

1: Days at a time I’ll be taking this Weight Watchers thing this time around. Bad days happen. There is no bad food, only foods that are better for me than others.

Operation Smallify is underway!

What does this mean for What’s for Dinner? Probably fewer cupcakes and baking projects. Unless of course, I make them for other people. Definitely more vegetables. Absolutely just as much fun food.

Thank you all in advance for your support! Time to get myself HEALTHY!

xoxo.jpg

signature.jpg

This entry was posted in Asian, dinner out, friends, sushi, weight loss and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Wednesday in Numbers: The “I Miss Summer” Edition

1. You KNOW I love your food log, and I think that this post is awesome! You can do it, and you have lots of people for support, and we’re all rooting for ya, Mara! I’ve got a solid 150 to lose…..gah, but I’m not giving up!

2. what a real and honest post, best of luck on weight watchers, you can do it!

3. mom says:

good for you!!

4. Adam says:

LETS DO THIS!!!

5. Rhonda says:

I’m a WW participant also…agreed good and not so good days. Gotta keep going though. And yeah for a picture that doesn’t show a double chin! Your hair looks fab!
    Rhonda´s last blog post ..Oven Baked Pommes Frites

6. Karin says:

I soooo feel you on this one. I have 20 pounds to lose and having to bake all the goodies makes it so hard!! Thanks for the kick in the arse I needed! Tomorrow is gonna be a great day!

7. You can do it! :)
    I’m summersick too! This school year has been really hard.

8. I LOVE LOVE this post. Would you be offended if i stole this day in number thing once and a while? They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery… haha
    And I joined WW about 5 weeks ago and I LOVE it. I have lost almost 20 lbs and it feels good to be back on track. If you ever want to talk snacks and stuff just email me!
    Kim (KimmiCooks)´s last blog post ..Organizing the Spices

9. Biz says:

I have guest passes to Health Bridge in Crystal Lake – we should take a class together sometime!!

I loved your summer posts – especially the quote of the day from one of the campers! :D

I actually got out and walked for 40 minutes this morning – I have this loud Adidas yellow jacket I wear when walking outside – you can really see me coming in it! I got to the end of the driveway this morning and was WTF?! I had to get my down winter coat on!
    Biz´s last blog post ..You know that Tony is starting to feel a tiny bit better when

10. Heather says:

You can do this girl!!!!!

11. Nicole, RD says:

It’s hard, but worth it! I have stayed the same on the scale for the past 3 weeks. I’m kicking it into WW high gear this week!! We can do it!

12. Jaime says:

Love this post. Good luck!

13. We’ll be here to cheer you on Mara !!
    Mary (What’s Cookin’ with Mary)´s last blog post ..Wordless Sunday

14. Quix says:

I miss summer too. Love the post, love the hair, and love the eats. Good luck with WW – it’s truly one day at a time, if you screw up one day, just let it be and move on and do better the next day. You can do it!!! :) I’m working on it too (calorie counting though, not WW), I have 15 to lose, and while it’s not a tragedy in and of itself, I don’t EVER want to have to lose the 110 I had to 4 years ago, so I vowed I would take care of any gains early.

15. Roz says:

Operation “Smallify”?? I love that!!! Can’t wait to see some of the weight watchers friendly creations you make. We’re here to support you! Weight watchers is great. (I’m down 35, and have about that much to go again….its taken a while, but is so worth it) Have a great day!!!!
    Roz´s last blog post ..It was a housework kind of day…

16. i’m on a “non-diet” consisting of eating a lot healthier–adding in a lot more veggies, fish and whole grains. i think i might need to jump on the weight watchers bandwagon, but we’ll see if i can do it on my own first with the healthy eating and some exercise. please post healthy but delicious recipes, i’m always in need of them! good luck!
    justine @ you’re so martha´s last blog post ..happy birthday- mom!

17. I’m pretty tall and I have a rule that short people can’t take pictures of me while I’m standing because the chins are on SUPERMEGAAMPLIFY setting that way. You’re gorgeous, I love your hair!
    Christin@purplebirdblog´s last blog post ..WIAW- What I Bought Wednesday…

18. Erin says:

I am SO behind you on this mama :)
    Erin´s last blog post ..Ten years of sexy time

19. glidingcalm says:

aww I love Adam’s comment!! and yeah I’m with you. I havent been taking very good care of myself recently, and I need to treat myself with more respect. Eating better, and working out more. I haven’t worked out in maybe 2 or 3 weeks. ugh!

Anywho, I adore you… you know that. Best of luck!
    glidingcalm´s last blog post ..Yay for Spring- Tuna Fish- and Fresh Rolls!

20. Good luck on your weight loss goal, Mara!! I’m right there with you, so I can relate. I have lost about 60-70 lbs since 2007, but I still have many pounds to go. I’m taking it slowly (very slowly) and changing things up as often as I like. Right now I do intermittent fasting (most days) and I count calories, plus calorie cycling. I don’t always eat in a deficit and have maintained in a certain range for quite a while, but now I am going down once again. Not easy, but not a completely miserable experience, either. I don’t believe in total deprivation or other extremes, just balance and inner peace with my choices.

Have fun, and if you ever want to chat with someone who has extra stored fuel (fat!! LOL) to lose, hit me up!! :)

21. Totally got your back Mara! :)
    Andrea (Off Her Cork)´s last blog post ..Sausage and Pepper Delight

22. katklaw777 says:

I need to lose 50lbs myself…go for it!!!
    Luv the blond highlights!