Project Food Blog Challenge #1: Ready, Set, Blog!

I’ve decided to go for it… I’m throwing my proverbial hat into the proverbial ring (or should I rather say I’m throwing my whisk into the pot?) for Foodbuzz’s Project Food Blog!

Challenge #1: Create a post that defines you as a food blogger.

As a food blogger, many times we’re lumped into various categories. There are the “daily meal” and “blog every bite” bloggers. There are the weight loss/healthy eating bloggers. There are the foodie runner bloggers. There are the vegans, the raw foodists, the carnivores, the Paleo-eaters, and the flexitarians. I must not forget the wine bloggers, the bakers, the family-meal bloggers, the restaurant-reviewing bloggers and the gluten-free bloggers…

And then there’s me.

4851055642_c46bdbebb2_o

I’ve never been one to fit perfectly into one crowd, but rather someone who fits well in many crowds.

I don’t blog every bite. I don’t run. What I DO is stay true to myself, and cook with every part of myself, heart and soul, and don’t worry about “fitting in.”

So, who, exactly, am I?

Fur-baby-mama

kitties

raven
Photography-loving
Recently married
wedding
Willing-to-try-any-food-once, simple-recipe-writing dinner blogger for anyone and everyone.
So that, in a very large nutshell, is me… and therefore, that’s What’s For Dinner?

xoxo.jpg
signature.jpg
This entry was posted in Asian, Baking, family, friends, tofu and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

48 Responses to Project Food Blog Challenge #1: Ready, Set, Blog!

1. BethT says:

This is a great post, Mara!
    BethT´s last blog post ..Not Enough Time

2. Kristina says:

this is a fabulous overview of your talent… and I LOVE the last photo… you look so beautiful and happy ! :D
    Kristina´s last blog post ..HALLOWEENIE !

3. Love it, Mara! I love how you are so true to yourself throughout the whole thing! Good luck! :)
    Lara (Thinspired)´s last blog post ..Wordless Wednesday- How Many Containers

4. Christina says:

OMG Mara I absolutely love it! Seriously — it gave me goosebumps!! I’m glad you’re going to be my competition! Even if we don’t win, we can say we tried – right? :)
    Christina´s last blog post ..Pork and Apples

5. sophia says:

In other words, you are a hot spicy Mama! Might as well wear a t-shirt that says Hot Cross buns!

Sorry, I got that from a random movie. Glad you entered, because you’re a worthy contender! You’re real, passionate, bubbling with positive energy and enthusiasm. A great gem to the foodie world!

6. Lauren says:

I just LOVE your entry post!!!! You are awesome Mara! :)
    Lauren´s last blog post ..There is a New Love in My Life

7. This is completely beautiful and fabulous. Beautiful photos, refreshing, real, and delicious!
    Meghan@traveleatlove´s last blog post ..Simplicity

8. leanne says:

Seriously in love with this post! I loved remembering some of the food pictures/recipes and I love how you go big or go home in the kitchen.
    leanne´s last blog post ..The Urge

9. Love your post! I’m finishing the details of mine, but almost done! Maybe I’ll post it tomorrow.. :)
    Nikki (Pennies on a Platter)´s last blog post ..Buffalo Chicken Bites

10. Cate says:

LOVE this entry! Good luck!!
    Cate´s last blog post ..Arab Table Lentil and Chard Stew

11. Mama Pea says:

Absolutely, hands down, my #1 PFBS entry so far. I’m not entering because it just doesn’t feel like me, and I’ve been skimming (and already tiring of) the dozens of entries I’ve read, but I thoroughly enjoyed every word and photo of this one.

You’ve got my vote…and not just because I want you to come to SF. Your blog is inspiring to me through and through! You are a star!
    Mama Pea´s last blog post ..Smart as a Whip

12. Hallie says:

I think this is one of the best ones I’ve read so far. You’re so talented, as a writer, a photographer, and a cook! Love it.

13. Wei-Wei says:

Love this post! Your photography is awesome.

14. So happy you are entering the fold! Holy moly – when you put all of your gorgeous photos in one post it really makes you shine. :) A true foodie and blogger if I ever saw/read one! Go you!!!! I agree with Mama Pea!
    Jenn (eating bender)´s last blog post ..I SPI With My Eye- Belgians Bananas!

15. kate says:

Yay! I love this post!

16. You take the most beautiful pictures Mara. Oh, and you’re pretty darn good at cooking the food in them too ;)
    Mary (What’s Cookin’ with Mary)´s last blog post ..Cabernet Meat Sauce

17. sippitysup says:

I came to check out the competition and you look strong! So much bright beautiful food. Good Luck. GREG

18. What an amazing post! The pics are beautiful and the food looks to die for! I am a new blogger and feel like I don’t really fit in any one genre. I love how you put it! This is my fave food blogger project post so far!!! You’ve got my vote!
    Becca@Start Over From Scratch´s last blog post ..Playing Catch Up

19. my favorite entry so far – fantastic. Mara ;)
    shannon (the daily balance)´s last blog post ..Daily Delish – Taco Bake – true- messy deliciousness

20. Ashlee says:

ashandlewplus2.comThank you for sharing your life. I look forward to reading more. I will be posting my project food buzz entry tomorrow. Check it out and let me know what you think.
    Ashlee

21. janetha g. says:

mara i LOVE your entry! it has been so fun seeing everyone’s entries.. yours rocks. i love your blog and all the meals you always feature! great recipes. best of luck! xo
    janetha g.´s last blog post ..lead legs

22. Gena says:

Mara,

I think you just summed up — so much better than I ever could — exactly why you are as special as you are. You don’t fit into any of the “crowds” we frequent. You are totally unique, totally honest, and totally free of BS, and that’s why I love you so much.

That, and your love of food. Thanks for inspiring me with your culinary enthusiasm, and thanks for always having greeted my raw foodie crazy eats with an open mind and heart. I love you for it.

xo

23. Holly says:

LOVE this. Fabulous picture, and the words captured you perfectly. :)

Awesome. I decided not to enter, mostly because I just don’t have the time, but you have my support :) And should you end up in SF for the festival, try and get up the coast so we can meet and have sushi!
    Marianne´s last blog post ..Pizza MacGyver

25. My fav part of your blog is the food pics! Everything looks so delicious!

26. Rachael says:

Love the spectrum of this post, and your food photography is stunning!
    Good luck in the contest!

27. A pictures says a 1000 words, and I think you have summed it up perfectly!!! I loved this post, and I am new to your blog, but fully enjoy it. Good luck!!
    kristin @ delishliving´s last blog post ..Challenge 1- Ready- Set- Blog- The Realities of Kristin’s Kitchen

28. Liz says:

Love the post, great pics! Congrats on the recent wedding and good luck in the contest!

29. angi says:

What a fun way to introduce yourself for PFB – I love it! The lil’ furry ones are adorable too, btw. I also have a black kitty, so perhaps I’m a little biased towards yours :) Good luck in the competition!
    angi´s last blog post ..A Case of Culinary Wanderlust

30. FoodCents says:

Kudos to you, friend.

I love your entry, most for the reason that it is real. You took a great approach, making your post stand out from many others I have encountered, without being “over the top.”
    FoodCents´s last blog post ..FRIDAY FREAK…

31. I am so impressed with this post. It really does sum you up perfectly. I have a lot to live up to! Good Luck Sweetie!

32. Yay! I voted for you! :)
    Mary (A Merry Life)´s last blog post ..Black Bean Enchiladas

33. Great photos and good luck in the challenge!

34. Thas says:

foodbuzz.comStunning pictures, you bare an awesome cook. You have my vote. Good luck!

Thas

35. Mads says:

This is one of the best heart-felt posts I’ve found in awhile.
    <3 your honesty.
    I will be back for more!
    Mads´s last blog post ..Taco Pizza

36. Heather says:

I don’t think I’ve been here before, but your blog is absolutely stunning!
    Heather´s last blog post ..Feta-Chicken Pasta aka Boy Bait Pasta

37. @lickmyspoon says:

your pictures are beautiful…seriously!

you got my vote :)