Showering the Bender

by Mara @ What's For Dinner? on September 5, 2010

in dinner out, friends

I was honored to have been invited to none other than Jenn’s bridal shower who is getting married October 16, and there was no way that I was going to miss it! Jenn has been such a wonderful friend over the past (almost) two years, and I could think of nothing better than celebrating her upcoming wedding with her!

When I got the invitation, I was not surprised in the least that the shower was to be held at Wildfire, a local favorite restaurant. It was wonderful to meet all the lovely people I’ve been reading about on EatingBender for the last two years…

I’ll let the photos speak (mostly) for themselves… Congratulations again Jenn and Bobby! I wish you every happiness in the world!

We all arrived around noon and I was immediately greeted by Karla! It was amazing to finally meet the person behind the kind tweets and blog!

Ok, I promised that the photos would talk…

(My and Adam’s gift… a CostCo Membership!)

(Karla’s gift, an adorable Jenn-themed Gift basket!)

The tablescape, with custom menus

Lots of pre-food chatting…

Sarah!

Jill!

Wine!

Jenn and her lovely bridesmaids

And then… the eats

Mushroom, gouda, and chicken pizza

Best. Chopped. Salad. Ever.

Cedar-planked salmon

Horseradish-crusted bacon-wrapped filet mignon

Wild rice pilaf

Much more chatting and Jenn-embarrassment…

Then games…

IMG_7332 IMG_7334 IMG_7331

And cupcakes!

The cupcakes came from Phoebe’s Cupcakes in Chicago, which you may recognize from Jenn’s photojournalism project last year. They were, quite possibly, the best cupcakes (besides my own) that I’ve ever had. The cake was sweet and dense, and the frosting? Oh that frosting was incredible… It was sweet, creamy, and the best part were the subtle flavors.

There were two flavors: red velvet with a berry-flavored frosting, and a salted caramel-filled vanilla cupcake, topped with vanilla frosting and more salted caramel.

Gratuitous close-up!

Jenn opened her gifts, and it was so fun to see her get excited about great kitchen stuff!

Thank you so much for including me in your celebration, Jenn! You’re truly an amazing person and a wonderful friend!

On another subject, a very happy birthday goes out to my “baby” sister today! Love you Leigh!!

32002_590272417495_31405715_34396972_2614447_n.jpg

xoxo.jpg

signature.jpg

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is September 5, 2010 at 6:10 PM

Ahhh how exciting!! And the menu looks FABULOUS!
Jessica @ How Sweet It Is´s last blog post ..Our Favorite Sweet Potato Fries

VeggieGirl September 5, 2010 at 6:12 PM

What a BEAUTIFUL event!!!
VeggieGirl´s last blog post ..VG &amp Suave Slav Hit The Big Apple- Part 4

shelly@campinggirlchronicals September 5, 2010 at 6:12 PM

A Costco membership is a great gift!

Wei-Wei September 5, 2010 at 6:58 PM

What a fabulous event! Congratulations to Jenn, by the way. And those cupcakes with the caramel LOOKS IN-FREAKING-CREDIBLE. (Wait. Does anybody still do that? Insert “freaking” into a random word?)
Wei-Wei´s last blog post ..yo dí un caminata al mercado de las flores

mom September 5, 2010 at 7:08 PM

what a great event !! Congrats to lovely Jenn .

DianaHayes September 5, 2010 at 7:24 PM

Looks like a lot of fun.

glidingcalm September 5, 2010 at 8:50 PM

:) Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this.
glidingcalm´s last blog post ..Love me a Taco Salad!!!!!!!!

Marianne September 6, 2010 at 1:28 AM

Looks like it was a great shower :) I so want one of those salted caramel cupcakes – sounds fabulous!
Marianne´s last blog post ..Cleaning Out The Fridge

Jenn (eating bender) September 6, 2010 at 11:26 AM

Ahh!! You’re AMAZING!! Thank you so much for coming – it meant so much to me. I also truly appreciated the fact that you took so many beautiful photos and blogged about it! Now I have something to share with everyone and pictures to keep forever. :) You’re the best! Can’t wait until we hang out again – and thank you SO much for the Costco membership. I am so excited!
Jenn (eating bender)´s last blog post ..That Post Where We Talk Wedding Details

Joyce September 6, 2010 at 12:21 PM

Thanks Mara for the fantastic recap! It was wonderful to meet and talk with you!

Mara @ What's For Dinner? September 6, 2010 at 5:18 PM

You too! Hope you had a safe trip home!

barb korducki September 6, 2010 at 11:15 PM

Wow! What a wonderful event. I believe that I need the recipe for the chopped salad and the pizza and the rice pilaf if it is nut free.

I was hoping to see the matriarchs wrapped in white toilet paper or paper towels. Looks like a lot of fun.

I didn’t realize they had Costco by you!

Tracey September 7, 2010 at 12:50 AM

Everything looks amazing. Wildfire is one of my favorite restaurants and you are so right, they have the best chopped salad!
Tracey´s last blog post ..California food Dreaming – Part 1

Chocolate Covered Katie September 7, 2010 at 9:14 AM

Hey pretty lady!
I wanted to thank you so much for writing on my wall yesterday. Seeing a message from you really made me smile!! :)

Biz September 8, 2010 at 9:41 AM

I love Wildfire! I think they have the best burgers out there. We need to start thinking of an October get together with Christina – I need her Dad’s sausage!

Happy Hump Day!

Mara @ What's For Dinner? September 8, 2010 at 9:50 AM

LOL…that deserves a “That’s what she said” :) And yes, we NEED to set up a meetup soon!

Jennifer September 8, 2010 at 12:34 PM

I love your idea of a Costco membership for a gift! I am going to have to remember that one!!

Melissa Schlothan September 8, 2010 at 3:16 PM

ah, what a great party! i’m so jealous you got to go! and omg those cupcakes! drooooool.
Melissa Schlothan´s last blog post ..Peeeeeaaaaaa-leasant Race Weekend

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) September 9, 2010 at 7:08 AM

Oh my goodness, that is one is the greatest shower celebrations I have seen! The wedding is going to have some stiff competition, LOL. Love all of the food and those gorgeous cupcakes. Also, your gift is stellar. :)

Jenn