Peanutty Noodle Wednesday

It's BAAAAACK!!!

Noodle Wednesday is back after a one-week hiatus, and I'm so thrilled I decided to go with it! I couldn't decide what KIND of noodles to make, so I asked on Twitter: peanut or parmesan? The overwhelming response? Peanut!

Some of the Twitter-spouses even chimed in that THEY wanted peanut, and one (who we didn't count) said Parmesan.

So peanut noodles it was. I made a big serving of some of my Al Dente egg noodles:

200911041951.jpg

And after draining made a quick sauce consisting of:
  • 2 Tbsp. Simply Skippy peanut butter
  • 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
  • 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
  • tiny squeeze Sriracha hot sauce
  • 1 Tbsp. soy sauce

Ok, it wasn't even a sauce, I just stirred all that into the hot noodles and it all melted together. And it was delicious.

DSCN4968.JPG

Not the prettiest dinner in the world, but it certainly was delicious! The only thing I wish I'd done was make more of them so I could eat them for lunch tomorrow! I also wish I'd put some color on the plate so it looked prettier... but oh well, they were AWESOME!

In other news, today is Sesame Street's 40th birthday! I still believe that Sesame Street is truly the best show on TV, now or at any time, and I'm so glad I got to grow up watching my favorite monsters, birds, grouches, and worms (remember Slimey?) In honor of this momentous occasion, my favorite Sesame Street song!

What's yours favorite Sesame Street song or skit???

Thank goodness tomorrow is Thursday! This week is going SO MUCH FASTER than last week!

This entry was posted in Asian, simple recipe, vegetarian and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Peanutty Noodle Wednesday

1. MarathonVal says:

When I heard that Michelle Obama was going to be on the anniversary episode, my first thought was, “It is still on tv with new episodes”????

Because sadly, I have NEVER heard any of my students talk about watching this fantastic show. It truly breaks my heart!! I blame the downfall of American values to the fact that noone watches Sesame Street anymoer….

2. I haven’t had “nutty” noodles in a while. I make mine with almond butter since I can’t eat peanuts but do fine with some almonds. Looking at your noodles makes me really hungry… 🙂

3. axor says:

put down that ducky right now!

4. I might go make this to take for lunch today. Looks delish.
    .-= Jessica @ How Sweet It Is´s last blog ..Vanilla Bean Cupcakes with Vanilla Bean Frosting. =-.

5. brandi says:

yum, the peanut noodles look great!

cookie monster has ALWAYS been my favorite, and then Snuffleupagus.
    .-= brandi´s last blog ..Snoozer =-.

6. Yay! So glad you picked peanut noodles. They look great!
    .-= Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat)´s last blog ..Twice-Baked Acorn Squash =-.

7. Lindsay says:

Your noodles look so good!

I love Sesame Street! When I was in college all of the floors in the residence halls were painted with cartoons or other themes. The floor I lived on was Sesame Street, I loved it!
    .-= Lindsay´s last blog ..What would you do-o-o…. =-.

8. O this looks truly delicious!! We even have a Dutch version of Sesame street here in Holland which is equally popular I imagine as the US version!
    .-= Simone (junglefrog)´s last blog ..Apple walnut clafoutis =-.

9. Quix says:

Ok, this looks ridiculous. Only problem is the man is allergic to peanuts. I might have to try this on a solo dinner night. Or try with almond butter. That sounds epic though…

And I grew up watching sesame street! I can’t imagine being a kid and not watching it!
    .-= Quix´s last blog ..On Growing Up, and Things To Be When You Do… =-.

No need to add anything else to the plate – the look tasty enough for me 🙂
    .-= Marianne´s last blog ..Superstitious? Maybe =-.

11. Pingback: Columbus Foodie » Blog Archive » November 2009 Roundup