Don’t worry, I’ll get to the Wednesday in Numbers… but tonight’s dinner really kind of made me laugh.
When I went to Whole Paycheck Foods on Monday, I bought (finally) some more tofu to bake a la Gliding Calm for at least one meal this week. I was quite excited to make it again, came home and immediately set to work pressing as much water out of the tofu as possible. While it was pressing, I started thinking about a side dish. Usually, I’ll do vegetables and/or noodles of some sort with it.
Vegetables… I had lots of those! Leftover baby tomatoes and red pepper from Monday, spinach that wasn’t getting used fast enough, and thought it would all make a lovely side dish. When I opened the fridge to get the spinach, I noticed a few slices of bacon sitting there (properly wrapped of course). “How about bacon in the spinach?” I asked Adam. “OOOH yes!” Bacon makes everything (well, most things) better!
I ended up making Gliding Calm tofu and spinach with bacon… tofu. And bacon. I’m a strange one. The spinach, tomato, red pepper, and bacon side dish though, was quite fantastic! I simply sauteed 2 diced pieces of bacon, then added a diced red bell pepper, halved baby tomatoes, about a pound of spinach, and some adobo. Then I took this photo out on our patio:
- Campers in attendance: 218
- Campers in my group: 6
- Minutes riding on the bus, total: 120
- Trips on bumper boats: 1
- Minutes to dry off from bumper boats: 300, and counting
- Tokens given to each camper for games: 50
- Tokens played, total: 350 (I got 50 too!)
- Tickets won: 2135
- Number of prizes won: 6 (weird gooey yo-yo things)
- Photos taken: 15
- Lemonade slushies drank: 6
- Lemonade slushies spilled: 1
- Campers saying embarrassing things about their brothers: 2
- Strange things that happened today: 3
- People blaming it on the full moon: countless
- Sisters needing happy thoughts for her new fabulous job: 1
- Minutes to be spent in the shower: 17
- Ice cream scoops to be had: 1
Our camper from yesterday with the broken femur is doing well, but will still need some healing thoughts!
Have a great night, and a happy Thursday!