BSI Entry: Basil Chavrie-Stuffed Burgers

I got so excited when Spiceaholic posted Basil as the BSI! I have so many great recipes that I've made that I could've submitted... but, being the weirdo that I am, I had to come up with something totally new for my BSI submission! I'm completely carnivorous this week for some reason, with steak last night and posole on Sunday, I decided to continue the trend with tonight's meal. I've really been wanting a good burger lately, so I figured I'd just make my own rather than wasting the nutrition on something out. I couldn't have been more pleased with how these came out!
Just what I wanted!

Just what I wanted!

Basil Chavrie-Stuffed Burgers Ingredients For the burgers 1 lb. lean ground beef 2 tsp. finely chopped basil 1 egg 1/4 tsp. garlic powder 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce 1/4 c. Panko bread crumbs For the filling 4 oz. Chavrie (mild soft goat cheese) 2 tsp. finely chopped basil 1/2 tsp. garlic powder Directions Mix the burger ingredients in a bowl. Form half the meat into 4 small patties, about 1/4" thick. Mix the filling ingredients. Place 1/4 of the filling in the center of each small patty, then form the remaining meat into another 4 patties. Place 1 patty on top of the patty with the filling, and seal around the edge. Repeat for all 4 burgers. Cook on the stovetop, serve on buns. The basil lent a fantastic flavor to the meat and filling, and there was an overall "pesto" type flavor. The only thing I'd do in the future, were I to make these again, is to have some sliced tomatoes to serve with the burgers. I made some simple "creamed" spinach to go along with the burgers: one package of frozen spinach, thawed and drained, mixed with 1/4 c. lowfat sour cream. YUM! When I got home today, I was greeted by a package sitting on the counter. Upon opening it, I found 2 amazing boxes of chocolates from the lovely VeggieGirl! We'd talked about doing a local food trade, and I got my gift from her before she got the one from me! Just LOOK at these chocolates:
Chocolate-covered Malley-O's, they're like Oreos

Chocolate-covered Malley-O's, they're like Oreos

Peanut-Butter filled Buckeyes

Peanut-Butter filled Buckeyes

Adam dug right in and tried one two of each and proclaimed them "too good to have out", so they went straight into the freezer! I will have one of each tonight, and swear that they will go right back into the freezer so I do NOT go nuts on them! Adam wants me to take them to work so we don't keep eating them... but I'm going to leave them RIGHT where they are! I will exercise my self control and limit myself to one a night. That way, they last for a looooooong time. Blog news! If you didn't see my post earlier, I decided to remove my blogroll from my sidebar (the area over there ----> that used to have all my links in it) and made a whole new page here. If you'd like to be added, just let me know! As promised, some more words of wisdom and inspiration, and since I couldn't choose just a few, I made you all a slideshow! It's all the cool pictures from my dad with my absolute favorite "cruising" song... enjoy!

Have a wonderful night! xoxo,

This entry was posted in beef, simple recipe and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to BSI Entry: Basil Chavrie-Stuffed Burgers

1. jessie says:

oh my goodness, that looks delicious!

2. VeggieGirl says:

Great BSI entry!!

Aww yay!! So glad that you loved the local chocolate goodies 🙂 Enjoy!!

VeggieGirl´s last blog post..Episode 6 of VeggieGirl TV: News & Reviews

3. ttfn300 says:

those burgers sound so AMAZING!!!

4. Amazing burgers and great entry! Those desserts look pretty dang amazing too!!

Love the inspiration. Have a great Thursday!

Elizabeth (thelongweigh)´s last blog post..Movie Star!

5. coco says:

burger looks delicious! and those chocolates…… oh..irresistible! 😀

coco´s last blog post..Meeting madness & Ravenous hunger!

6. Erin says:

Sometimes a burger cannot be beat!! These sound amazing.
    Those chocolates also sound amazing. I really need to utilze the freezer so I calm down on chocolate!

Erin´s last blog post..I’m Baaaaack!

7. Krista says:

That burger looks A-Mazing!!! So does the chocolate!! 🙂

Krista´s last blog post..And Swimming Lessons Are Done!

8. brandi says:

yummy burgers! I need to figure out what I’m making!

brandi´s last blog post..Turning Orange

9. Hangry Pants says:

I like how the filling goes in the middle.

10. Meg says:

Fabulous BSI entry! Hope you win!

Meg´s last blog post..Down Under Yogurt

11. Becca A says:

Great idea for the BSI!

Oo authentic buckeyes…haven’t had one of those in over 10 years (when Imoved from Ohio).

Becca A´s last blog post..Grecian Cioppino

12. Oh my gosh Mara, my husband will love this recipe. I try to come up with a different kind of burger for him every week. So thanks, as I’m adding this to my list of possibilities. Plus, he loves basil – bonus.

Yummy chocolates! VeggieGirl is too sweet!

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter)´s last blog post..Bind What? Are You Serious?

13. That looks SO good!! You had me at Chavrie. 🙂

I’d love to be on your blog roll if there’s room for one more!

Nicole (Sweetie Pie)´s last blog post..Sunny Basil Orange Salad

14. Erin says:

Those look WICKED good.

Erin´s last blog post..Erin: Birthdaypalooza

15. Nick says:

Oooh, I’ve heard of those buckeyes, I gotta try me some! Always intrigued by cheese stuffed burgers but have yet to try it. It’s been on my list forever!

Nick´s last blog post..Whole Grain Beer Bread

16. ahhhh, look at all those chocolates!! good picks from VG!

your burgers look delicious — i love how the filling is so easily identifiable. awesome entry!

Sarah (Tales of Expansion)´s last blog post..With sprinkles on top

17. Pingback: Chicken Tomato Fettucine » What’s For Dinner?

18. caroline says:

Woah! Fancy burgers, Miss! Those Chocolates look divine!! Leave it to Veggie Girl, huh!?

caroline´s last blog post..Balancing Chemicals

Mmmm, melty cheesy burger. I’ve been having a total beef craving lately, but refuse to buy any until I can chew it properly and enjoy it!

And awesome looking chocolates!

Marianne´s last blog post..Perfectly Pureed Pizza Party